COMPATIBLE PRODUCTS/AFTERMARKET DISCLAIMER
Tank Parts Direct, Inc. (TPD) sells aftermarket parts and accessories for tank trailers, tank containers, intermediate bulk containers and other stationery and transport tanks. TPD references many different Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) names and part numbers in illustration only to cross reference a like TPD product. The brands, part numbers and nomenclature listed in TPD printed materials or on the TPD website are not intended to imply that TPD parts are OEM parts or endorsed by any OEM although many TPD parts equal or exceed minimum OEM specifications. All product names, logos, brands, trademarksTM and registered trademarks® shown in the TPD catalog or on the TPD website are the property of their respectful owners and use of them by TPD does not imply any affiliation with TPD or their endorsement of TPD.
Installation of any TPD part may under certain circumstances adversely affect, void or violate terms of warranty coverage for a particular tank trailer, tank container, intermediate bulk container or other stationery and transport tank. It is the sole and exclusive responsibility of the user to determine the suitability of any TPD part for use prior to purchase and/or installation of such part and the user assumes all legal, personal injury risk and liability and all other obligations, duties and risks associated therewith.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following Additional Terms of Sale apply except to the extent they are contradicted elsewhere in this Agreement. IMPORTANT WARRANTY, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY PROVISIONS ARE INCLUDED.
- 1. DEFINITIONS: The term “Seller” means Tank Parts Direct, Inc.; “Goods” means the parts, machinery, equipment and other tangible and intangible property along with associated rental, lease, labor, installation and commissioning provided by Seller; the term “Services” means labor and associated parts provided by Seller to maintain, repair or recondition the property of Buyer; “Products” means Goods and/or Services; and “Buyer” means the person to whom such Products are sold. Each of Buyer and Seller is a “Party.”
- 2. PRICE: All prices are in U.S. Dollars. Labor rates are subject to change without notice and apply from the time of dispatch of service personnel until the earlier of their return or dispatch to another job. Unless expressly indicated herein, no amount is included in any price for sales, use, privilege, excise or other taxes imposed on or measured by the gross receipts from the sale of Products. Buyer shall promptly pay any such charge directly to the governmental authority assessing them or reimburse on demand any such charges paid by Seller.
- 3. PAYMENTS: All payments shall be in U.S. Dollars, without offset, back-charge, retention or withholding of any kind. Any amounts not paid when due will be subject to interest at the rate of 1½% per month, compounded, or the highest non-usurious rate permitted by applicable law, whichever is less. ANY PAYMENT INTENDED AS AN ACCORD AND SATISFACTION MUST BE DIRECTED TO “CREDIT MANAGER, Tank Parts Direct, Inc., 16810 Barker Springs Rd. Suite 210 HOUSTON, TX 77084.”
- 4. DELIVERY AND TITLE: Goods are sold Ex-works Seller’s facility (Incoterms® 2010), packed for domestic truck transportation, and are delivered at the time Buyer is notified by Seller that the Goods are at Buyer’s disposal. Seller may assess reasonable storage charges based on the volume of the Goods, or store the Goods at a third-party site at Buyer’s sole risk and expense, if Goods are not removed when delivered or if payments are not made when due. Services are delivered at the time they are performed. Title to Goods transfers to Buyer on delivery, but Seller retains a security interest in the Goods until it receives full payment for the Goods.
- 5. ACCESS, PERMITS AND UTILITIES: In the event Services are to be performed at a site provided by Buyer, Buyer shall provide Seller’s employees free and unobstructed access to the site. Buyer shall ensure safe working conditions, safe storage for Seller’s property, and provide all necessary lifting equipment and utilities necessary to perform the Services. Buyer shall obtain all licenses, registrations, and permits necessary for Seller to perform the Services.
- 6. ACCEPTANCE: All Products shall be finally inspected and accepted within thirty days after delivery. Failure of Buyer to provide Seller with an itemized list of defects within such thirty days or to permit Seller a reasonable opportunity to correct any listed defects shall be deemed acceptance of the Products. In the event of multiple shipments or extended Services, each individual shipment shall be separately accepted and Services shall be periodically inspected and accepted. Buyer waives any right to reject Products that substantially conform to their specifications and any right to revoke acceptance after such thirty day period.
- 7. FORCE MAJEURE: Seller shall have no liability for any failure to deliver the Goods to, or perform Services for, Buyer if such failure arises from causes beyond the reasonable control of Seller, including without limitation, government actions, epidemic, pandemic, public health crisis, shortages of materials, labor difficulties, fires, floods, acts of God, acts of civil or military authority and the effects of civil disobedience.
- 8. DELAYS: Delivery dates are estimates and may be adjusted to reflect circumstances beyond the control of Seller including without limitation delayed performance of suppliers or carriers.9. CHANGES: Seller reserves the right to change the details of any Goods provided that such change shall not impair the performance or critical dimensions of such Goods.
- 9. CHANGES: Seller reserves the right to change the details of any Goods provided that such change shall not impair the performance or critical dimensions of such Goods.
- 10. ADDITIONAL COSTS: In addition to the purchase price, Buyer shall reimburse Seller for any costs Seller incurs as a result of (a)changes in the Products or delays in delivery requested by Buyer; (b) delays in delivery arising from Buyer’s failure to provide information, drawings or materials; or (c) changes in the laws, codes, rules or regulations applicable to the Products after the date of this Agreement.
- 11. LIMITED WARRANTY: Products may be or incorporate components manufactured by someone other than Seller. To the extent such components are warranted by their original manufacturers, and to the extent that such warranties are assignable to Buyer, Seller assigns to Buyer any rights and remedies it has relating to such components, and such warranties are the only warranties provided forthose components. Seller further agrees to perform any obligations of the original manufacturer under the manufacturer’s warranty to the extent that such manufacturer authorizes Seller to perform such warranty obligations.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SELLER DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, WORKMANLIKE PERFORMANCE OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. This Limited Warranty is extended only to Buyer. Buyer may assign this Limited Warranty only to the original end user of the Products. No other assignment of thisLimited Warranty is permitted without the express written consent of Seller and any attempted assignment without the consent of Seller is void. Applicable statutes may expand this Limited Warranty.
- 12. INDEMNITY (INCLUDING FOR NEGLIGENCE): TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BUYER HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS SELLER FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, INJURIES, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION, LIABILITIES, DEMANDS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY FEES AND OTHER LEGAL EXPENSES) OF WHATSOEVER KIND AND NATURE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THOSE ARISING FROM INJURY TO, OR ILLNESS OR DEATH OF ANY PERSON AND FOR ALL DAMAGE TO, LOSS OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, (COLLECTIVELY, “LOSSES”), RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT OR THE DELIVERY, INSTALLATION, USE, OPERATION OR CONSUMPTION OF PRODUCTS, ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR THE FAILURE OF EITHER PARTY TO FULLY PERFORM THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING IN OR FROM CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR PRODUCT LIABILITY OR CAUSED OR OCCASIONED BY ANY NEGLIGENT ACT OR OMISSION OF SELLER, WHETHER SOLE, JOINT OR CONCURRENT. This Indemnity Provision is a material part of this Agreement, supported by and in consideration of a reduction in the purchase price. In this Indemnity Provision, “Seller” means Seller, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, agents, representatives, employees, subcontractors, invitees and licensees.
- 13. DEFAULT: On any material breach of this Agreement by Buyer, including without limitation any failure of Buyer to make payments when due, each such being an event of default, Seller will be entitled to terminate this Agreement, to all remedies provided by law or equity, including without limitation its direct damages measured by lost profits as a volume seller. Any non-refundable down payment required by this Agreement is less than the amount of Seller’s damages in the event Buyer breaches its obligation to take delivery of Goods when tendered or to pay in full any amounts due.
- 14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NEITHER PARTY SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO THE OTHER FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, RESERVOIR, POLLUTION, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF USE, REVENUES, PROFITS OR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES, ARISING FROM THE PURCHASE OR SALE OF PRODUCTS, THE USE, OPERATION OR CONSUMPTION OF PRODUCTS, ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR THE FAILURE OF EITHER PARTY TO FULLY PERFORM THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF A PARTY WAS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE OTHER PARTY SUSTAINING SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF THE REMEDY PROVIDED HEREIN FOR A BREACH FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OR A BREACH IS TOTAL AND FUNDAMENTAL, AND EACH PARTY WAIVES THE APPLICATION OF ANY DECEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICES OR CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW. SELLER’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM BY BUYER SHALL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCTS ON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED.
- 15. EXPORTS: Seller reserves the right to rescind this Agreement, without any liability of Seller to Buyer, if at any time it reasonably believes that Products are intended to or will be shipped, exported or re-exported, directly or indirectly, to any country, person or other entity in contravention of any laws, regulations or administrative orders of the United States or any other jurisdiction to which Seller is subject (a “Contravening Export”). Any actual intention or attempt on the part of the Buyer to effect a Contravening Export will constitute a material breach of this Agreement. Buyer is required to identify the end use, end user, and country of final destination for Products included in this Agreement. Buyer warrants that, with respect to transactions related to this Agreement, it has not committed, and will not commit, any violation of the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act or any other anti-corruption statute.
- 16. ASSIGNMENT: Neither Party may assign any of its rights or delegate any of its duties under this Agreement, voluntarily or involuntarily, by merger, consolidation, dissolution, operation of law or any other manner without the express written consent of the other, which shall not be unreasonably withheld but without which any attempted or purported assignment or delegation is void. This Agreement binds and benefits both Parties and their respective permitted successors and assigns but does not confer any rights or remedies on any other person.
- 17. WAIVER: The waiver by Seller of any breach of the provisions of this Agreement shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach of a like or different nature. The failure by Seller to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of that provision.
- 18. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE PARTIES KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY ACTION, LEGAL PROCEEDING OR COUNTERCLAIM, WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE TRANSACTIONS IT CONTEMPLATES.
- 19. INTERPRETATION AND VENUE: The Parties waive the application of the Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods to this Agreement. The laws of the State of Texas (without giving effect to its conflict of laws principles) govern all matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement, including without limitation, its validity, interpretation, construction, performance and enforcement. Venue for any action arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be in Harris County, Texas; and the Parties waive any claim of an inconvenient forum. Section headings are provided for convenience only
- 20. SURVIVAL: The warranty, indemnity, limitation of liability, dispute resolution and interpretation and venue provisions herein survive the termination of this Agreement.
- 21. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the Parties and incorporates any prior agreements or understandings, whether written or oral, to the extent the Parties intend such to be incorporated. No writing henceforth exchanged between the Parties will be effective to amend or supplement this Agreement, except that such writing expressly refers to this Agreement and is signed by both Parties.